Sunrise Terrace Subdivision is located on north Solis Road/FM 2556 in La Feria, near Expressway 83. The development includes 70 single-family rental houses, with two, three, and four bedroom units available.
Each house is equipped with:
- Central air conditioning and heating
- Energy efficient appliances
- Washer and dryer hook-ups
- Yard with landscaping
- Private driveways and enclosed garages
- Cable TV and internet ready wiring
Community amenities include:
- Onsite management and maintenance
- Community center and kitchen
- Business center with computers and internet access
- Two age-appropriate playgrounds
- Basketball court
- Free resident services
STCHD, together with Delphi Affordable Housing Group, Inc. of Austin, developed Sunrise Terrace to serve the low- and very low- income working families of Cameron County. Sunrise Terrace was awarded funds through the federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, administered in state by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA). PNC MultiFamily Capital provided equity for the project, while the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provided credit enhancement for FHA financing. The La Feria Economic Development Corporation awarded a grant to Sunrise Terrace, while the City of La Feria Tax Interest Reinvestment Zone provided funding for off-site construction to benefit Sunrise Terrace and future growth in the area.